TORONTO – (February 2, 2017) – Goldmoney Inc. (TSX:XAU) (the “Company”), a financial technology company and operator of a global gold-based financial network, today announced financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2016.
- More than 1.35 million user signups with $1.7 billion in customer assets as at December 31, 2016.
- Added the Royal Canadian Mint’s secure precious metal storage facility in Ottawa as a vault on the Goldmoney Network, and entered into an agreement with the Mint to explore future co-marketing activities that aim to boost awareness and accessibility of precious metals.
- Completed the Schiff Gold Acquisition and entered into a Marketing and Service Agreement with Peter Schiff; results reflect 47 days of Schiff Gold operations.
- Launched the new Goldmoney App for iOS and Android.
- Entered the lending space with the launch of the Goldmoney Maximizer tool, which enables verified Canadian Goldmoney Network users to borrow select currencies against up to 85% of their fully-reserved gold assets.
- Extend P2P transfer capabilities to Goldmoney Network users residing in the U.S and registered a U.S. subsidiary with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”).
- Reduced Goldmoney Network fees by 50%, enabling users to deposit, redeem, and make vault-to-vault gold transfers for 0.5% above the spot gold price.
- Doubled user referral rewards for the Goldmoney Personal Golden Heart™ Program
- Introduced a connection between Goldmoney Network and Wealth that enables Wealth clients to fund their Holdings with gold balances stored in their Goldmoney Network accounts.
- Extended peer-to-peer transfers to 49 U.S. states, enabling verified Network users in the U.S. to send and receive gold transfers to and from verified Goldmoney Network users worldwide (excluding residents of the U.S. state of Vermont).
- Announced Goldmoney Network accounts and Wealth Holdings had been endorsed as Shariah-compliant by the Shariah Supervisory Board of Amanie Advisors, which issued the fatwa in accordance with the Shariah Standard on Gold set by the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI) and developed in cooperation with the World Gold Council.
- Launched additional payment integrations allowing for direct-to-bank redemptions and credit card processing in Indian rupee for Goldmoney Network.
Click HERE for the complete report
View the Real Time Audit
Learn more and signup using the special URL https://Goldmoney.com/r/niKIos to earn a bonus of 5% additional gold on your first deposit (up to a maximum of 0.5 grams of bonus gold) if you make that deposit within 7 days of signing up. Please note that wire transfer deposits are not eligible for the first deposit bonus.