As I mentioned previously, every time I re-read one of my posts I see some hitherto unseen typo, punctuation error, or ambiguous phrase. Despite the fact that I obviously missed them the first (second, third, …) time, they now glare at me like a beacon at sea … a beacon on a UFO. A hundred million candle-power Close Encounters of Third Kind UFO beacon.
Like the moth to the flame I am drawn to them, and … they … must … be … fixed.
The upshot of this is that new readers of this blog will read posts that are (hopefully) a bit more polished than what the early readers saw. The downside is that the posts are subtly dynamic. I promise not to significantly change any content.
Update to the Update … My wife (you know who) read through Day 42 and found two major errors I had missed despite multiple readings. Woo hoo, I now have a proof reader!
… to quote Charlie Brown.
Every time I reread my initial posts, I find more typos. Not misspelled words, just perfectly valid wrong words. I assure you that I have read and reread each of my posts for spelling and punctuation before posting. Incorrect spelling looks so amateurish. Unfortunately I seem to read what I expect to see and not what is really there.
Even worse there appears to be a disconnect between brain and fingers. I frequently wonder how what I wanted to type turned into what I actually typed. I blame autocorrect. Were these text messages or emails I might be less concerned (although I do strive for accuracy in my emails), but this is alleged to be a literary blog. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will strive to correct this.
One other point, after some deliberation I have decided to eliminate or at least reduce the number of external links. Chances are that since you are reading this, your Google, Bing, Yahoo or other search engine skills are probably pretty good. Feel free to leave a comment if you prefer me to add more external links.